Search This Blog

Monday 10 October 2011

Can we ever be Independant? - Kedar K Murdeshwar

10th October 2011,Monday

I received a call today from one of my friend Mr Sushil  (Stock broker).He was inviting me to a Seminar on Technical Analysis organised by some UK based analyst.I was just speechless for some time.Not because I got a free invitation to attend the Seminar,But because I was surprised to know that how easily do we get inspired by a foreign name.

This Mr sanjay was the same person who used to taunt me saying why do Indian Analysts (Especially of Mumbai) stay in suburbs and reside in 2 room kitchen.Why don't do they live in posh apartments?"Technical Analysis is all bullshit" was his statement when I tried to explain him the importance of Technical Analysis.

Coming back to the topic,I still wonder is it necessary to prefix a foreign country name before any word of Indian Origin to acknowledge its acceptance.If you ask any tom,dick and harry of Indian stock market (look!Even I am using Tom,Dick and Harry as my examples instead of Ram,Suresh or Ramesh) about the Market scenario out of 10,9 will say its depends on the FED rates (Ya you read it Right.Its FED and not RBI rates).They will have to analyze DOW and Nasdaq to predict Sensex and Nifty.

I have seen US,Russian,Uk and Chinese nationals selling our holy book in India.(And the Buyers are we Indians, who reside in the country of origin of Bhagvat Gita).We as modern youngsters never bothered to read Gita,till it was rediscovered by foreign nationals and they started propagating it to us again.

We get inspired by the Marketing books of Philip Kotler,but fail to realize our own India Potential.(Ambanis and Tata's.If they desire they themselves can write a thousand words on Marketing)

Most of us track the Dollar:Rupee rate.If someone asks us the status of the exchange rate,we say either the dollar has appreciated or Depreciated.We hardly say this using the word "Rupee".Though a Rupee symbol has been invented and accepted  by the Indian Government,we still while bargaining with vegetable or Fruit vendors use the word "Paanch ka Dollar" instead of Rs 5.Now that's the limit.

Sensex and Nifty has its own Identity and even the Indian Stocks otherwise they would not have been traded as ADR' s or GDR's in Foreign Market.I understand FII's have lots of Money Power,But we cant forget our Mutual Fund Industry which also has a strong AUM.

Lets Believe in Indian Economy.Lets believe Ourselves.Lets be independent

2 comments: