Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Yes I Love MARATHI - BY KEDAR

28th Feb 2012 Tuesday

Hi Friends.After a long time I am writing an article.First of all thanks to all those who appreciated and commented on my Propaganda of Marathi Bhasha Diwas.Every person should be proud of his mother Tongue.

It was an opportunity for all the Marathi loving people to spread Marathi through the biggest social networking site Facebook.If we will not utilize Facebook for this then whats the use of creating an account here.JUST TO UPLOAD PHOTOGRAPHS AND KEEP LIKING IT.Many of them made fun of me saying I have no work and typing all these nonsense,but these hypocrites never said this when I uploaded stupid poems and Photos.

But Unfortunately the response was very less as compared to my expectations.People were reluctant to post anything regarding their love for mother tongue thinking it would create a wrong impression of them among  their peers.Loving your Mother Tongue is old fashioned as per my so called high class educated sophisticated MARATHI friends.

If this continues I fear the Language will be extinct.The Community of parsis is getting lesser but still they are trying to preserve their existence in whatever possible way.But here we have voluntarily opted to kill Marathi.
Ever community in Mumbai whether its Gujarati,Catholics,Konkani or Bengali speak in their mother tongue when they interact with each other in public places like malls,trains,lifts,buses,markets etc

I mean Mr Mehta asks Mr Parekh in a crowded Train "Su lagech Market"(means how is the Market).But A Deshpande will ask Patil in 7.00 am Train "Today so Early".(I think these Marathi people forget their language when they see another Marathi.Maybe some kind of Phobia)

When we ourselves our degrading Marathi,how can we expect anyone else to respect it.Yes I am writing this article in English as I am from an English Medium and do not have that much of Vocabulary and also this blog does not support Marathi language apart from my keyboard.But that does not mean I should not appreciate my Mother tongue, at least I am praising MARATHI in English.What about you Guys?

Whatever anyone thinks of me after reading this Blog,I love MARATHI.

Regards
KD


2 comments:

  1. Hi KD,
    You are right. Even i am proud of Marathi and i even promoted it on facebook yesterday.
    Regards,
    Ketaki

    ReplyDelete