Search This Blog

Friday 16 September 2011

An Investor Speaks - by Kedar K Murdeshwar

Investment:It is often said that when your short term Trading fails,it becomes a long term investment.
The journey of an investor is not straight.Infact is quite circular in fashion.You start up a as a layman investing carefully in the market.Next,you start trading.(Just to prove that now you are confident).No sooner you start making profits,the law of diminishing marginal utility sets in.(The more you trade,the less you get).And finally you get an advice (mostly from your inner soul),that markets are good for long term investment.
Now again at this final stage (as a investor,not the stage of my life!),I have started questioning myself, that if I had to stay invested only for so long,then there are much safer options such as mutual Funds,LIC,Fixed Deposits,PPF etc.I should have some asset class that is more liquid asset that will give me more quick returns.Suddenly I get an answer from my soul.(The same soul which advised me earlier),that I should shift to trading.
And Now I am back as an Investor turned Trader (something like,actor turned politician OR cricketer turned actor).
OOPs!!! The Opening Market bell has just rung.See You after 3.30 pm.
KD  (Kedar Murdeshwar)

No comments:

Post a Comment